Application Deadline July 31, 2019
1. Verify that the school you wish to attend is listed as a participating school in the Opportunity Scholarship program - www.education.state.pa.us
2. Write legibly.
3. Complete all fields.
4. Include supporting documentation (COPIES of first two pages of 2018 1040 U.S.
Individual Income Tax Return).
5. Include a non-refundable application fee of $25.00 payable to The Children's Scholarship Fund of Pennsylvania and mail along with required documentation to 633 Mayfield Road, Clarion, PA 16214 by the July 31, 2019 deadline.
- Income tax returns are required for all adult members of the household.
- If the child for whom you are requesting scholarship is not listed as a dependent on your 1040 you must submit the Individual Income Tax Return of the person claiming the child.
- If you do not file a tax return you must submit, Social Security/ Disabiltiy Income, PA Assistance documentation listing the child as a dependent. Include a signed and dated letter stating why you do not file.
Unsigned or incomplete applications cannot be processed.
Completed application, all documentation and application fee must be received in our office on or before the deadline of July 31, 2019.
Families with one child and a household income of $85,000 or less qualify.
An income allowance of $15,608 is allowed for each additional child and dependent member of the household.
1 parent & 1 child Household income of $85,000 or less
2 parents & 1 child Household income of $100,608 or less
2 parents & 2 children Household income of $116,216 or less
- Scholarships are awarded for children in Preschool through 12th Grade
- Recipients must be a resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Recipients must attend a school within the Commonwealth